The head of Hoffmans – Murray – worked in the mines in Queensland and Western Australia for 3 years before he commenced studying law at age 26. He worked at Mt Isa Mines, in the Pilbara and in Canada. He has a special understanding into how to run your case. You won’t find that elsewhere.
Before you commit to any other law firm call me for a no obligation free chat –
08 9444 4900
With many legal complications and the time restrictions that apply to mining accidents, you need to contact our experienced team as soon as possible after a mine site accident.
There are many reasons why you should turn to Hoffmans, for example:
You should not commit to any other law firm until you’ve had the chance to talk to me for a free,
- Accidents at mine-sites are my speciality – be it surface, underground, driving, on machinery or during construction.
- Read some of the Client Reviews. We’re experienced and successful.
- Remember we work on a “No Win No Fee” basis.
- Most of our work comes from personal referrals from former clients.
- Avoid the 7 usual mistakes
that are made.
- We don’t rely on TV advertising to get our work. We’re not a high overhead and high volume firm that will push you through a system.
- We’re a WA firm and we’ve been in business for over 30 years so we’re very experienced.
- With Hoffmans you’ll deal with an experienced lawyer and not someone who is learning on the job.
- Call me for a free chat before you commit to another lawyer. It pays to compare.
- I will explain your position as clearly as possible without legal jargon.
- Think about this, if you can’t understand your lawyer then he/she might not know what they’re talking about.
- We can do hospital and home visits.
- I can see you before or after office hours or on weekends.
- I can help you no matter where you are located, from Joondalup to Mandurah, Fremantle to the hills and all country locations.
- I can run most of your claim mainly over the phone rather than the inconvenience of visits.
- If there is no lump sum then there is no charge. We limit our fees to a reasonable level.
- I will be able to negotiate a higher lump sum for you than you will be able to. It is my job to do that and that has always been my experience.
no obligation chat over the phone on 08 9444 4900.I can answer questions like:
- Do you want to know what lump sum you could get for your compo claim?
- When the case can be settled?
- Is the insurance company trying to force you to settle?
- Is it too early to settle?
- Are they not paying your compo, not paying for treatment or trying to force you back to work?
Call me for a no obligation and free chat.
Hoffmans has helped thousands of injured workers get their proper workers compensation. I’ll look after you and your case on a “No Win No Fee” basis.
I believe in being upfront about fees. I want you to know where you stand.
No fees are payable unless I’m able to negotiate a lump sum payout. Check some of the client reviews as to how reasonable we are.
Termination Date – What is it?
There are some very important time limits that an insurance company won’t tell you much about. The “Termination Date” expires usually 12 months after you have made a claim. You should talk to Hoffmans as soon as you can so that the proper steps can be taken to protect your legal rights and get you assessed.
Will my compo stop because I have a lawyer?
I’ve never had a situation ever when weekly comp payments have stopped after I have been appointed as a lawyer. In fact it is much harder for an insurance company to stop weekly payments once Hoffmans is involved. Hoffmans knows what your rights are and the steps to take to counter any attempt to stop payments.
Is my injury covered?
All types of injuries are covered by the workers compensation system – including neck or back injuries, broken legs or arms, knee or ankle injuries, shoulder injuries, foot or hand injuries, head injuries, depression. Have you got such an injury? Then call me.
When is the best time to appoint a lawyer?
There are limitation periods with workers compensation claims and common law cases. It is always best to have a lawyer involved early so that time limits aren’t missed and for a proper record of medical treatments to be kept. There are many sorry stories of people who did not appoint lawyers and then missed on their lump sum for common law damages.
Insurance companies are very good at making you think you don’t need a lawyer. Why? Because they want you kept in the dark and vulnerable.
If I have had a previous injury and it’s again effected can I claim?
Yes you can. This can be tricky and you’ll need a lawyer to help you.
Should I resign if I’m on comp?
No – you should never resign. You might think it’s easier but it makes the whole process much harder.
What happens if the insurance company refuses to pay for my treatment?
That again depends on the situation. Normally if a doctor recommends reasonable treatment then the insurance company can be forced to pay for that treatment.
Can I choose to see my own doctor?
Certainly you have a right to be treated by your usual general practitioner and a specialist of your choice.
When am I covered for worker’s compensation?
You are covered for a disability that arises out of or in the course of your employment as specified by the Workers’ Compensation and Injury Management Act 1981.
What is vocational rehabilitation?
Vocational rehabilitation is a specific service that may assist in helping you stay in, or return to, suitable work. Examples of when a referral for vocational rehabilitation may assist your return to work:
• If your injury, or resulting disability, prevents you carrying out your pre-injury duties;
• If your injury is a recurrence or aggravation of a previous injury, or if there is a concern that carrying out pre-injury duties may aggravate an existing injury; and
• If modifications are required in the workplace, or aids and equipment required to help you return to work.
Can I choose my own vocational rehabilitation provider?
Yes you can - you have the right to choose which rehabilitation provider you wish to use. I will be able to help you with that selection.